- *Three Men on the Bummel. Bristol, J.W. Arrowsmith, .
18 2-208 214. Pp. 1-8 9-328.
Contents: 1 half-title: THREE MEN ON / THE BUMMEL.; 2 [gothic type face] By the same Author. / [within rules] THREE MEN IN A BOAT. / DIARY OF A PILGRIMAGE. / THOUGHTS OF AN IDLE / FELLOW. / SKETCHES IN LAVENDER. / STAGELAND. / ETC.; 3 blank; 4 frontispiece; 5 title-page; 6 [rule] / [gothic type face] Arrowsmith’s 3/6 Series. / VOL. XXXVI. / [rule]; 7 dedication; 8 blank; 9 10-328 text.
Printed on smooth wove paper, size 184 x 123mm.
*Dark red cloth, lettered in red on front, gilt on spine; spine: [decorative rule] / THREE / MEN / ON THE / BUMMEL / JEROME / K. JEROME / [decorative rule] / [publisher’s device] ARROWSMITH / 3/6 / VOL. XXXVI
Previously serialized in To-Day, 4 January-5 April, 1900.
Listed in English Catalogue, May 1900, 3/6; reviewed in Athenaeum, 19 May 1900: 623-24.;
Copies seen: FR; APR (17); Bodleian Library – Arch H e.173, Jerome’s copy with dedication on half-title: ‘Um Mein Liebchen / May 1900 / JKJ’.
- Three Men on the Bummel. London, T.F. Unwin (Colonial Library Edition). 328p.
Text printed from the plates of Arrowsmith’s first edition.
Red cloth, gilt lettered on spine.
Copies seen: APR.
- *Three Men on the Bummel. Bristol, J.W. Arrowsmith, 1914.
18 2-158 1610. Pp. 1-8 9-259 .
Contents: 1 half-title: THREE MEN ON THE BUMMEL; 2-3 blank; 4 frontispiece Captain Goyles watching the weather.; 5 title-page; 6 Copyright. Entered at Stationers’ Hall; 7 dedication; 8 blank; 9-259 text; at foot of 259: [rule] / PRINTING OFFICE OF THE PUBLISHERS;  list of 9 titles in Arrowsmith’s 1/- series of novels.
Printed on wove paper, size 168 x 104mm.
Red cloth, with blind-stamped rules on front and back, gilt lettered on spine: [double rule] / [row of heart-shaped ornaments within rules] / THREE MEN / ON THE / BUMMEL / [short rule] / JEROME K. / JEROME / ARROWSMITH / BRISTOL / [row of heart-shaped ornaments within rules] / [double rule]
Listed in English Catalogue, April 1914, price 1/-.
Copies seen: FR; APR (8, including reprints of 1924 -“3rd edition”, 1933 -“4th edition”, and 1937 “4th edition”).
There were a 29th impression, March 1942, 32nd impression, April 1943, and 33rd impression, 1943 in which the last two pages are reset, so that the total is now 258 pages.
Copies seen: APR (2).
- Three Men on the Bummel. Bristol, J.W. Arrowsmith, 1945.
192p. No illustrations.
Copies seen: APR (12, from 35th impression, January 1945 to 38th impression, July 1948).
- Three Men on the Bummel. London, J.M. Dent & Sons, Ltd., 1950.
192p. No illustrations.
Text printed from the plates of Arrowsmith’s 1945 edition.
Copies seen: APR (4, from 39th impression, 1950 to 43rd impression, 1966).
- Three Men on the Bummel. Leipzig, Bernhard Tauchnitz, 1900.
18 2-178 184. Pp. 1-7 8-278 279-80.
Contents: 1 half-title: COLLECTION / OF / BRITISH AUTHORS / TAUCHNITZ EDITION. / VOL. 3428. / THREE MEN ON THE BUMMEL. / BY / JEROME K. JEROME. / IN ONE VOLUME..; 2 list of other Jerome titles in Tauchnitz editions; 3 title-page; 4 blank; 5 dedication; 6 blank; 7 8-278 text; 279 [short rule] / PRINTING OFFICE OF THE PUBLISHER.; 280 blank.
Printed on wove paper, size 163 x 117mm.
Buff paper cover, lettered in black on front and spine;
Copies seen: FR (1930 printing with no date on title-page); APR (4).
- Three Men on the Bummel. London and Paris, The Albatross, 1948.
Pp. 1-4 5-228 229-32. (Albatrosss Modern Continental Library, no. 3428).
Printed on wove paper, size 180mm. x 112mm.
Orange-yellow and white paper cover, lettered in yellow and black.
Copies seen: APR (5).
- Three Men on the Bummel. London, The Readers Library Publishing Company Ltd, 
Pp. 1-8 9-252 .
Printed on poor wove paper, size 163 x 102mm.
Maroon cloth, gilt lettered on front and spine.
Listed in English Catalogue, May 1929, price 6d.
Copies seen: FR; British Library 012601.bbb.51, acquisition date 8 May 1929.
- Three Men on the Bummel. Simplified by G./ Horsley. London, Longmans, Green & Co., 1967. (Longmans’ Simplified English Series).
- Three Men on the Bummel. London, Dent, 1978. (Everyman’s Library).
Introduction by D.C. Browning.
Light blue cloth, gilt lettered on spine.
Copies seen: APR
- Three Men on the Bummel. Bath, Cedric Chivers, 1981.
- Three Men on the Bummel. Gloucester, Alan Sutton, 1982.
Pp. 1-3 4-231 232.
Printed on wove paper, size 190 x 125mm.
Black paper cover, lettered in white and pink.
Copies seen: FR; APR.
- Three Men on the Bummel. Gloucester, Alan Sutton, 1987
Printed from the plates of the Sutton 1982 edition.
Printed on wove paper.
Paper cover; front: coloured illustration “La Jolie Artiste,” by Jean Beraud.
Copies seen: APR (1987); Library of Congress (1990).
- Three Men on the Bummel. Harmondsworth, Penguin Books, 1983.
Pp. 1-4 5-207 208.
Printed on wove paper, size 181 x 111mm.
Paper cover; front, lettered in black on coloured illustration of three men on bicycle and tandem, by Ken Cox.
Copies seen: FR; APR (2); 1994 reprint APR (2)
- Three Men on the Bummel. Selections (English and Chinese texts on facing pages). 1997.
Unsigned (perfect binding). Pp.  I-II, 1 2-225.226-28.
Contents:  title-page;  blank; I-II Introduction in Chinese; 1 Contents; 2-225 text; 226 blank; 227 publishing information in Chinese; 228 blank.
Printed on wove paper, size 183 x 112mm.
Paper cover with illustration of boats at a wharf with houses behind.
Copies seen: FR
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Alliance of Literary Societies
- Anthologies containing works by Jerome
- Audio recordings
- Books with contributions by Jerome
- Forgot Password
- Jerome k Jerome was here
- Jerome The Man
- Jerome was here
- Map of the River Thames – 1884
- Newspaper and periodical contributions by Jerome – correspondence
- Newspaper contributions by Jerome
- Parson Clapp of Appledore
- Periodical contributions by Jerome
- Periodicals edited by Jerome
- Playwriting – A Handbook for Would-Be Dramatic Authors
- Samson Fox
- The Wit and Wisdom of Jerome
- Three Men – The Facts
- Unpublished plays by Jerome
- 01. On the Stage – and Off: the Brief Career of a Would-be Actor
- 02. Barbara. A Play in One Act
- 03. The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 04. When Greek Meets Greek
- 05. Sunset
- Jerome In Pictures
- Photo gallery
- 06. Fennel. A New Romantic Play
- 07. Playwriting: a Handbook for Would-be Dramatic Authors
- 08. Stage-land
- 09. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog)
- 10. Told After Supper
- Jerome In Words
- 11. Diary of a Pilgrimage
- 12. Weeds. A Story in Seven Chapters.
- 13. Novel Notes
- 14. John Ingerfield, and Other Stories
- 15. My First Book
- 16. The Prude’s Progress
- 17. Biarritz
- 18. Sketches in Lavender Blue and Green
- 19. The Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 20. Three Men on the Bummel
- 21. Three Men on Wheels
- 22. The Observations of Henry
- 23. Miss Hobbs
- 24. Paul Kelver
- 25. Tea-Table Talk
- 26. Woodbarrow Farm
- 27. Tommy and Co.
- 28. American Wives and Others
- 29. Idle Ideas in 1905
- 30. The Passing of the Third Floor Back and Other Stories
- The JKJ Society
- 31. The Passing of the Third Floor Back
- 32. The Angel and the Author – and Others
- 33. Fanny and the Servant Problem
- 34. They and I
- 35. The Passing of the Third Floor Back. An Idle Fancy in a Prologue, a Play and an Epilogue
- 36. The Master of Mrs. Chilvers
- 37. Robina in Search of a Husband
- 38. Malvina of Brittany
- 39. The Street of the Blank Wall and Other Stories
- 40. All Roads Lead to Calvary
- 41. Anthony John, a Biography
- 42. The Celebrity. A Play in three Acts
- 43. My Life and Times
- 44. The Soul of Nicholas Snyders
- 45. A Comment on Bicycles and Cycling Posters in the Nineties