- *The Angel and the Author – and Others. London, Hurst & Blackett, 1908.
?2 1-148 154. Pp.  1 2-226 .
Contents:  half-title: THE ANGEL AND THE AUTHOR– / AND OTHERS;  list of other Jerome titles published by Hurst & Blackett;  title-page;  lower left, logo of the Chapel River Press; 1 2-226 text; [1-6] lists of other Hurst & Blackett publications.
The chapters, except for the first, are numbered with Roman numerals, but are untitled; sections within the chapters have captions in bold type, much as in “The Idler’s Club” in The Idler.
Chapters IV, VI, X, XII and XIV originally appeared in American Wives and Others.
Printed on wove paper, size 195 x 124mm. Bottom edge uncut.
*Red-brown cloth, lettered in black on cover, gilt on spine; spine: THE ANGEL / AND / THE AUTHOR / –AND OTHERS / JEROME K. / JEROME / LONDON / HURST & BLACKETT
Listed in English Catalogue, May 1908, 3/6; reviewed in Times Literary Supplement, 11 June 1908, 187.
Copies seen: FR; APR (7); Bodleian Library – Arch H e.150, Jerome’s copy, with title-page dedication ‘To Best Beloved – June 08. from / The Author’.
Also issued in black cloth.
Copies seen: APR (2).
There was also a Colonial Edition, presumably printed from the same plates.
- The Angel and the Author –and Others. Leipzig, Bernhard Tauchnitz, 1908.
18 2-178. Pp. 1-5 6-270 271-72.
Contents: 1 COLLECTION / OF / BRITISH AUTHORS / TAUCHNITZ EDITION. / VOL. 4061. / THE ANGEL AND THE AUTHOR—AND OTHERS. / BY / JEROME K. JEROME. / IN ONE VOLUME. ; 2 list of other Jerome titles published by Tauchnitz; 3 title-page; 4 blank; 5 6-270 text; 271: [rule] / PRINTING OFFICE OF THE PUBLISHER / [rule]; 272 blank.
The chapters, except the first, have Roman numerals, and chapter titles; sections within the chapters have headings in capitals, rather than the captions in “The Idler’s Club” style of the Hurst & Blackett edition.
Printed on wove paper, size 158 x 110mm.
Buff paper cover, lettered in black.
Copies seen: FR; Boston Public Library.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Alliance of Literary Societies
- Anthologies containing works by Jerome
- Audio recordings
- Books with contributions by Jerome
- Forgot Password
- Jerome The Man
- Map of the River Thames – 1884
- Newspaper and periodical contributions by Jerome – correspondence
- Newspaper contributions by Jerome
- Parson Clapp of Appledore
- Periodical contributions by Jerome
- Periodicals edited by Jerome
- Samson Fox
- The Wit and Wisdom of Jerome
- Three Men – The Facts
- Unpublished plays by Jerome
- 01. On the Stage – and Off: the Brief Career of a Would-be Actor
- 02. Barbara. A Play in One Act
- 03. The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 04. When Greek Meets Greek
- 05. Sunset
- Jerome In Pictures
- Photo gallery
- 06. Fennel. A New Romantic Play
- 07. Playwriting: a Handbook for Would-be Dramatic Authors
- 08. Stage-land
- 09. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog)
- 10. Told After Supper
- Jerome In Words
- 11. Diary of a Pilgrimage
- 12. Weeds. A Story in Seven Chapters.
- 13. Novel Notes
- 14. John Ingerfield, and Other Stories
- 15. My First Book
- 16. The Prude’s Progress
- 17. Biarritz
- 18. Sketches in Lavender Blue and Green
- 19. The Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 20. Three Men on the Bummel
- 21. Three Men on Wheels
- 22. The Observations of Henry
- 23. Miss Hobbs
- 24. Paul Kelver
- 25. Tea-Table Talk
- 26. Woodbarrow Farm
- 27. Tommy and Co.
- 28. American Wives and Others
- 29. Idle Ideas in 1905
- 30. The Passing of the Third Floor Back and Other Stories
- The JKJ Society
- 31. The Passing of the Third Floor Back
- 32. The Angel and the Author – and Others
- 33. Fanny and the Servant Problem
- 34. They and I
- 35. The Passing of the Third Floor Back. An Idle Fancy in a Prologue, a Play and an Epilogue
- 36. The Master of Mrs. Chilvers
- 37. Robina in Search of a Husband
- 38. Malvina of Brittany
- 39. The Street of the Blank Wall and Other Stories
- 40. All Roads Lead to Calvary
- 41. Anthony John, a Biography
- 42. The Celebrity. A Play in three Acts
- 43. My Life and Times
- 44. The Soul of Nicholas Snyders
- 45. A Comment on Bicycles and Cycling Posters in the Nineties