- *Idle Ideas in 1905. London, Hurst and Blackett, .
Contents: i-ii blank; iii half-title: IDLE IDEAS IN 1905; iv blank; v title-page; vi blank; vii-viii CONTENTS.; 1 2-307 text; 308 PRINTED BY / KELLY’S DIRECTORIES LTD., / LONDON AND KINGSTON.; [1-3] list of Hurst and Blackett publications, beginning with Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow;  Hurst and Blackett’s / Sixpenny Novels. / With Illustrated Covers.
Contains 21 essays, 20 of which appear in American Wives and Others, but with altered titles.
Printed on stout wove paper, size 191 x 127mm.
*Yellow cloth, red lettering on front, gilt on spine; spine: [red rule] / IDLE / IDEAS / IN / 1905 / JEROME K. / JEROME / LONDON / HURST & BLACKETT / [red rule]
Listed in English Catalogue, June 1905, 3/6.
Copies seen: FR; APR (11).
A later impression is bound in red cloth.
Copies seen: APR (5).
- Idle Ideas in 1905. Leipzig, Bernhard Tauchnitz, 1905.
18 2-178. Pp. 1-5 6-272.
Contents: 1 half-title: COLLECTION / OF / BRITISH AUTHORS / TAUCHNITZ EDITION. / VOL. 3825. / IDLE IDEAS IN 1905. BY JEROME K. JEROME. / IN ONE VOLUME.; 2 list of other Jerome titles in Tauchnitz editions; 3 title-page; 4 blank; 5-6 CONTENTS. / [short rule];7-272 text; at foot of 272: PRINTING OFFICE OF THE PUBLISHER. / [rule]
Printed on wove paper, size 163 x 118mm.
Inserted after the final gathering is a 32 page catalogue of the Tauchnitz Edition, dated July 1, 1905.
Buff paper cover, lettered in black.
Copies seen: FR; APR (2).
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Alliance of Literary Societies
- Anthologies containing works by Jerome
- Audio recordings
- Books with contributions by Jerome
- Forgot Password
- Jerome k Jerome was here
- Jerome The Man
- Jerome was here
- Map of the River Thames – 1884
- Newspaper and periodical contributions by Jerome – correspondence
- Newspaper contributions by Jerome
- Parson Clapp of Appledore
- Periodical contributions by Jerome
- Periodicals edited by Jerome
- Playwriting – A Handbook for Would-Be Dramatic Authors
- Samson Fox
- The Wit and Wisdom of Jerome
- Three Men – The Facts
- Unpublished plays by Jerome
- 01. On the Stage – and Off: the Brief Career of a Would-be Actor
- 02. Barbara. A Play in One Act
- 03. The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 04. When Greek Meets Greek
- 05. Sunset
- Jerome In Pictures
- Photo gallery
- 06. Fennel. A New Romantic Play
- 07. Playwriting: a Handbook for Would-be Dramatic Authors
- 08. Stage-land
- 09. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog)
- 10. Told After Supper
- Jerome In Words
- 11. Diary of a Pilgrimage
- 12. Weeds. A Story in Seven Chapters.
- 13. Novel Notes
- 14. John Ingerfield, and Other Stories
- 15. My First Book
- 16. The Prude’s Progress
- 17. Biarritz
- 18. Sketches in Lavender Blue and Green
- 19. The Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 20. Three Men on the Bummel
- 21. Three Men on Wheels
- 22. The Observations of Henry
- 23. Miss Hobbs
- 24. Paul Kelver
- 25. Tea-Table Talk
- 26. Woodbarrow Farm
- 27. Tommy and Co.
- 28. American Wives and Others
- 29. Idle Ideas in 1905
- 30. The Passing of the Third Floor Back and Other Stories
- The JKJ Society
- 31. The Passing of the Third Floor Back
- 32. The Angel and the Author – and Others
- 33. Fanny and the Servant Problem
- 34. They and I
- 35. The Passing of the Third Floor Back. An Idle Fancy in a Prologue, a Play and an Epilogue
- 36. The Master of Mrs. Chilvers
- 37. Robina in Search of a Husband
- 38. Malvina of Brittany
- 39. The Street of the Blank Wall and Other Stories
- 40. All Roads Lead to Calvary
- 41. Anthony John, a Biography
- 42. The Celebrity. A Play in three Acts
- 43. My Life and Times
- 44. The Soul of Nicholas Snyders
- 45. A Comment on Bicycles and Cycling Posters in the Nineties