- *Tommy and Co. London, Hutchinson and Co., 1904.
A4 B-U8. Pp.  1 2-302 .
Contents: [1-2] SIXTH EDITION / BY / JEROME K. JEROME / [short rule] / PAUL KELVER / In Cloth Gilt, 3/6 / [short rule with center decoration] A FEW PRESS OPINIONS / [short rule];  half-title: TOMMY AND CO.;  blank;  title-page;  blank;  CONTENTS;  blank; 1 2-45 TOMMY AND CO. / STORY THE FIRST / Peter Hope plans his Prospectus; 46-78 STORY THE SECOND / William Clodd appoints himself / Managing Director; 79-119 STORY THE THIRD / Grindley Junior drops into the / Position of Publisher; 120-159 STORY THE FOURTH / Miss Ramsbotham gives her Services; 160-198 STORY THE FIFTH / Joey Loveredge agrees—on certain / terms—to join the Company; 199-251 STORY THE SIXTH / “The Babe” applies for Shares; 252-302 STORY THE SEVENTH / Dick Danvers presents his Petition; at foot of 302: PLYMOUTH / WILLIAM BRENDON AND SON / PRINTERS;  List of Hutchinson’s Select Novels (39 titles);  advertisement for a new and cheaper edition of Frankfort Moore’s novels (lists 4 titles)
Printed on wove paper, size 186 x 122mm.
Inserted after the final gathering is a 32 page list of Hutchinson & Co.’s New Books for the Autumn, 1904.
*Dark blue cloth, with gilt lettering on front and spine; spine: [double rule] / TOMMY / AND CO. / JEROME K. / JEROME [double rule] / [double rule] / HUTCHINSON &C°. [publisher’s name measures 40mm.].
Listed in English Catalogue, August, 1904, 6/-; reviewed in Times Literary Supplement, 2 September 1904, 269.
Copies seen: FR; APR (5); Bodleian Library – Arch H e.175, Jerome’s copy, dedicated on title-page ‘To my dear “Company” / with all love / Jerome K. Jerome’; University of Miami Library (both without the advertising insert).
Also issued without the 32 page list of Hutchinson’s new books for autumn 1904, in red cloth, gilt lettered on front and spine; front: [upper right, within rules] Tommy / and Co [2 periods side by side below ‘o’] / Jerome K. / Jerome; spine: [within rules] Tommy / and Co [2 periods side by side below ‘o’] / Jerome K. / Jerome / [below rules, at foot] HUTCHINSON’S / COLONIAL / LIBRARY.
Copies seen: FR.
- Tommy and Co. Toronto, Langton and Hall, .
A2 (?A1) B-U8. Pp.  1 2-302 .
Contents:  title-page;  blank;  CONTENTS;  blank; 1 2-302 text; at foot of 302: PLYMOUTH / WILLIAM BRENDON AND SON / PRINTERS;  advertisement for a new and cheaper edition of Frankfort Moore’s novels (lists 4 titles); list of Hutchinson’s Select Novels (39 titles).
Uses the sheets of Hutchinson 1st edition, with title-page cancel.
Printed on laid paper, with vertical chain lines, size 183 x 123mm.
Green cloth, with gilt lettering on front and spine; spine: TOMMY / AND CO. / [four rules] / JEROME K. / JEROME / LANGTON & HALL / LIMITED
Copies seen: FR; APR.
- Tommy and Co. London, Hutchinson, 1905.
Copies seen: APR (2).
- Tommy and Co. London, Hutchinson, 1908. Cheap edition.
(Hutchinson’s 6d. copyright novels).
Red cloth, lettered in black on front and spine.
Copies seen: FR; APR.
- *Tommy and Co. London, Hutchinson and Co., .
1-816. Pp. 1-3 4-256.
Contents: 1‘CONTENTS; 2 blank; 3 4-256 text.
Printed on wove paper, size 158 x 106mm.
Frontispiece (signed ‘Leonard Lansdell’ [?] and dated 1911) and title-page on plate paper inserted before first gathering. On recto of frontispiece, list of 57 titles in Hutchinson’s 7d. copyright novels series.
Red cloth, with gilt lettering on spine; front: publisher’s device blind stamped in center; spine: [two double rules] / [ornament] / [two double rules] / Tommy / and Co. / · / Jerome K. / Jerome / [two double rules] / HUTCHINSON / [two double rules].
Listed in English Catalogue, May 1911.
Copies seen: FR; APR (8).
- *Tommy and Co. New York, Dodd, Mead and Company, 1904.
Unsigned, 1-218 224. Pp.  1-337 338.
Contents:  title-page;  Copyright, 1904 / By DODD, MEAD AND COMPANY / Copyright, 1904 / By JEROME K. JEROME / Copyright, 1903, 1904 / By THE CURTIS PUBLISHING CO. / Published September, 1904;  CONTENTS;  blank;  ILLUSTRATIONS;  blank; 1-337 text; 338 blank.
Printed on wove paper, size 188 x 127mm.
Frontispiece and 7 plates on plate paper.
*Buff cloth, lettered in green on front and spine; spine: TOMMY/ & CO / JEROME / [red illustration, comic head on stick] / DODD, MEAD / & COMPANY
Listed in Publisher’s Weekly 1707, 1 October 1904; United States Catalog, 1902-5, $1.50; reviewed in New York Times (Saturday Review of Books), 15 October 1904, 684.
Copies seen: FR; APR (3); Bodleian Library – Arch H e.174, Jerome’s copy, dedicated on frontispiece recto: ‘To Rowena / with her author’s / compliments / Jerome K. Jerome / Oct 1904’; Library of Congress – copyright entry 19 August 1904, acquisition date 13 September 1904.
Copies of this edition also exist, identical in every way except for the identification of the publisher at foot of spine as: A·WESSELS / COMPANY
Copies seen: FR.
- Tommy and Co. Leipzig, Bernhard Tauchnitz, 1904.
18 2-188. Pp. 1-9 10-287 288.
Contents: 1 half-title: COLLECTION / OF / BRITISH AUTHORS / TAUCHNITZ EDITION. / VOL. 3762. / TOMMY AND CO. BY JEROME K. JEROME. / IN ONE VOLUME.; 2 list of other Jerome titles in Tauchnitz editions; 3 title-page; 4 blank; 5 CONTENTS; 6 blank; 7 half-title for first story; 8 blank; 9 10-287 text (each story has half-title); 288 [rule] / PRINTING OFFICE OF THE PUBLISHER / [rule]
Printed on wove paper, size 152 x 106mm.
Buff paper cover, lettered in black.
Copies seen: FR; APR (6).
- Tommy & Co. Gloucester, Alan Sutton, 1984.
Unsigned. Pp. 1-7 8-192.
Printed on wove paper, size 190 x 125mm.
Paper cover, lettered in white and yellow on black.
Copies seen: FR; APR; University of California, Berkeley, Library.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Alliance of Literary Societies
- Anthologies containing works by Jerome
- Audio recordings
- Books with contributions by Jerome
- Jerome the man
- Map of the River Thames – 1884
- Newspaper and periodical contributions by Jerome – correspondence
- Newspaper contributions by Jerome
- Periodical contributions by Jerome
- Periodicals edited by Jerome
- Three Men – The Facts
- Unpublished plays by Jerome
- 01. On the Stage – and Off: the Brief Career of a Would-be Actor
- 02. Barbara. A Play in One Act
- 03. The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 04. When Greek Meets Greek
- 05. Sunset
- Jerome In Pictures
- Photo gallery
- 06. Fennel. A New Romantic Play
- 07. Playwriting: a Handbook for Would-be Dramatic Authors
- 08. Stage-land
- 09. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog)
- 10. Told After Supper
- Jerome In Words
- 11. Diary of a Pilgrimage
- 12. Weeds. A Story in Seven Chapters.
- 13. Novel Notes
- 14. John Ingerfield, and Other Stories
- 15. My First Book
- 16. The Prude’s Progress
- 17. Biarritz
- 18. Sketches in Lavender Blue and Green
- 19. The Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 20. Three Men on the Bummel
- 21. Three Men on Wheels
- 22. The Observations of Henry
- 23. Miss Hobbs
- 24. Paul Kelver
- 25. Tea-Table Talk
- 26. Woodbarrow Farm
- 27. Tommy and Co.
- 28. American Wives and Others
- 29. Idle Ideas in 1905
- 30. The Passing of the Third Floor Back and Other Stories
- The JKJ Society
- 31. The Passing of the Third Floor Back
- 32. The Angel and the Author – and Others
- 33. Fanny and the Servant Problem
- 34. They and I
- 35. The Passing of the Third Floor Back. An Idle Fancy in a Prologue, a Play and an Epilogue
- 36. The Master of Mrs. Chilvers
- 37. Robina in Search of a Husband
- 38. Malvina of Brittany
- 39. The Street of the Blank Wall and Other Stories
- 40. All Roads Lead to Calvary
- 41. Anthony John, a Biography
- 42. The Celebrity. A Play in three Acts
- 43. My Life and Times
- 44. The Soul of Nicholas Snyders
- 45. A Comment on Bicycles and Cycling Posters in the Nineties