- *The Passing of the Third Floor Back. London, Hurst & Blackett, 1910.
A8 B-D8. Pp.  1-4 5-59 60-62.
Contents:  blank;  The Publishers have pleasure in / announcing the issue for / the first time / OF / JEROME K. JEROME’S / GREAT PLAY / The Passing of / the Third Floor Back / Which has had such enormous success / in all parts of the world. / The play is an amplified version of / Mr. Jerome’s beautiful story with the / same title, and the many thousands / who have derived such great pleasure / from witnessing the play will welcome / the book. / In crown 8vo, well printed on antique paper, with 16 Illustrations on art paper, cloth gilt, / 2s. 6d. net. / In paper cover, 1s. 6d. net.. 1 half-title: THE PASSING OF THE / THIRD FLOOR BACK; 2 blank; 3 title-page; 4 blank; 5-59 text; 60-62 blank.
Running titles, with double rule above (the upper heavy) and rule below, printed in red.
Printed on laid paper, chain lines vertical, size 136 x 108mm. Gilt edges.
Coloured frontispiece inserted facing the title-page.
*Off-white boards, lettered on front in gold script.
Listed in English Catalogue, November 1910, 1/-.
Copies seen: FR; APR (5).
- *The Passing of the Third Floor Back. Toronto, The Musson Book Company, Limited.
Contents: 1 half-title: THE PASSING OF THE / THIRD FLOOR BACK; 2 blank; 3 title-page; 4 Printed in Great Britain; 5-59 text; 60-62 blank.
Uses the sheets of the Hurst & Blackett edition, above.
Printed on laid paper, chain lines vertical, size 145 x 116mm, fore-edge and bottom edge uncut.
*Dark red pebble grain cloth, gilt lettered on front.
Copies seen: FR; APR (2).
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Alliance of Literary Societies
- Anthologies containing works by Jerome
- Audio recordings
- Books with contributions by Jerome
- Forgot Password
- Jerome k Jerome was here
- Jerome The Man
- Jerome was here
- Map of the River Thames – 1884
- Newspaper and periodical contributions by Jerome – correspondence
- Newspaper contributions by Jerome
- Parson Clapp of Appledore
- Periodical contributions by Jerome
- Periodicals edited by Jerome
- Playwriting – A Handbook for Would-Be Dramatic Authors
- Samson Fox
- The Wit and Wisdom of Jerome
- Three Men – The Facts
- Unpublished plays by Jerome
- 01. On the Stage – and Off: the Brief Career of a Would-be Actor
- 02. Barbara. A Play in One Act
- 03. The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 04. When Greek Meets Greek
- 05. Sunset
- Jerome In Pictures
- Photo gallery
- 06. Fennel. A New Romantic Play
- 07. Playwriting: a Handbook for Would-be Dramatic Authors
- 08. Stage-land
- 09. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog)
- 10. Told After Supper
- Jerome In Words
- 11. Diary of a Pilgrimage
- 12. Weeds. A Story in Seven Chapters.
- 13. Novel Notes
- 14. John Ingerfield, and Other Stories
- 15. My First Book
- 16. The Prude’s Progress
- 17. Biarritz
- 18. Sketches in Lavender Blue and Green
- 19. The Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 20. Three Men on the Bummel
- 21. Three Men on Wheels
- 22. The Observations of Henry
- 23. Miss Hobbs
- 24. Paul Kelver
- 25. Tea-Table Talk
- 26. Woodbarrow Farm
- 27. Tommy and Co.
- 28. American Wives and Others
- 29. Idle Ideas in 1905
- 30. The Passing of the Third Floor Back and Other Stories
- The JKJ Society
- 31. The Passing of the Third Floor Back
- 32. The Angel and the Author – and Others
- 33. Fanny and the Servant Problem
- 34. They and I
- 35. The Passing of the Third Floor Back. An Idle Fancy in a Prologue, a Play and an Epilogue
- 36. The Master of Mrs. Chilvers
- 37. Robina in Search of a Husband
- 38. Malvina of Brittany
- 39. The Street of the Blank Wall and Other Stories
- 40. All Roads Lead to Calvary
- 41. Anthony John, a Biography
- 42. The Celebrity. A Play in three Acts
- 43. My Life and Times
- 44. The Soul of Nicholas Snyders
- 45. A Comment on Bicycles and Cycling Posters in the Nineties