- *Novel Notes. London, The Leadenhall Press, Ltd., 1893.
A8 B-U8. Pp. i-ix x-xv xvi 1 2-292 1-11 12.
Contents: i half-title: NOVEL NOTES; ii-iii blank; iv frontispiece (three men chatting); v title-page; vi publisher’s address and code number (T.4,623.); vii TO / BIG-HEARTED, BIG-SOULED, BIG-BODIED / FRIEND / CONAN DOYLE; viii blank; ix x-xv PROLOGUE [signed ‘JJK’ [middle J much larger, curves below first J]; xvi blank; 1 2-292 text;
[1-6] extracts from the Leadenhall Press Book List ;  advertisement for the Author’s Hairless Paper-Pad;  advertisement for Leadenhall Press printing services;
 advertisement for A New Shilling Book of Alphabets;  blank;  advertisement for Stickphast-paste;  pastedown.
Printed on coated wove paper, 186 x 124mm; bottom edges uncut.
*Dark yellow cloth, lettered in black on front and spine; spine: [rule] / NOVEL / NOTES / JEROME / K. / JEROME / The Leadenhall / Press. / Limited / [rule]; on back cover: Leadenhall Press monogram.
Previously serialized in The Idler, volumes 1-3, May, 1892-April, 1893.
Listed in English Catalogue, August 1893, 3/6; reviewed in Athenaeum, 2 September 1893: 321. Copies seen: FR; APR (16); University of Illinois Library; Toronto Public Library.
- Novel Notes. London, The Leadenhall Press, Ltd., 1901. Cheap edition, price 1/-.
- *Novel Notes. New York, Henry Holt and Company, 1893.
Unsigned, 1-198. Pp.  1 2-295 296-98.
Contents: [1-3] blank;  list of other Jerome titles in Holt’s Author’s Edition;  title-page;  COPYRIGHT, 1892, 1893, / BY / JEROME K. JEROME. / THE MERSHON COMPANY PRESS, / RAHWAY, N.J.; 1 2-5 PROLOGUE.; 6 blank; 7-295 text; 296-98 blank.
Printed on coated wove paper, size 187 x 127mm.
*Brown cloth, lettered in black on front and spine; spine: NOVEL / NOTES / [short rule] / JEROME / HENRY HOLT & Cº.
Listed in Publisher’s Weekly 1143, 23 December 1893; American Catalog 1890-95, $1.25; Copies seen: FR; APR; Library of Congress – acquisition date 4 November 1893.
- Novel Notes. Leipzig, Bernhard Tauchnitz, 1894.
18 2-178. 1-7 8-279 280.
Contents: 1 half-title: COLLECTION / OF / BRITISH AUTHORS / TAUCHNITZ EDITION. / VOL. 2967. / NOVEL NOTES. BY JEROME K. JEROME. / IN ONE VOLUME.; 2 list of other Jerome titles in Tauchnitz editions;3 title-page; 4 blank; 5 dedication; 6 blank; 7 8-14 PROLOGUE. / short rule]; 15-279 text; 280 [short rule] / PRINTING OFFICE OF THE PUBLISHER. / [short rule].
Printed on wove paper, size 151 x 109mm.
Copies seen: FR; APR (3); Boston Athenaeum Library.
- Novel Notes. With explanatory notes by Emil Rodhe. 1897. (Authors, Modern English, 2).
Listed in Svensk Bok-Katalog, 1896-1900.
- *Novel Notes. Bristol, J.W. Arrowsmith Ltd., 1920.
1-716. Pp  i -vi vii-xii 13-216 217-20.
Contents: [1-2] pastedown; [3-4] blank; i half-title: NOVEL NOTES; ii blank; iii title-page; iv blank; v dedication; vi blank; vii-xii PROLOGUE; 13-216 text; 217-20 blank (final leaf pastedown).
Printed on wove paper, size 173 x 107mm.
*Dark green cloth, lettered in black; advertisement for Fry’s Breakfast Cocoa on back.
Listed in English Catalogue, Nov., 1920, 2/-.
Copies seen: FR (2); APR (4, one in light blue cloth, without publisher’s device on spine)); University of Miami Library.
- Novel Notes. Stroud, Alan Sutton, 1991.
Pp. i-iii iv-viii 1 2-232.
Printed on wove paper, size 193 x 121mm.
Paper cover; front: coloured illustration, “The Print Seller”; [lettered in black within red frame] JEROME K. JEROME / [red rule, divided by small diamond in center] / NOVEL NOTES; back cover: [within red frame] description of book.
Copies seen: FR; APR; Library of Congress
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Alliance of Literary Societies
- Anthologies containing works by Jerome
- Audio recordings
- Books with contributions by Jerome
- Forgot Password
- Jerome k Jerome was here
- Jerome The Man
- Jerome was here
- Map of the River Thames – 1884
- Newspaper and periodical contributions by Jerome – correspondence
- Newspaper contributions by Jerome
- Parson Clapp of Appledore
- Periodical contributions by Jerome
- Periodicals edited by Jerome
- Playwriting – A Handbook for Would-Be Dramatic Authors
- Samson Fox
- The Wit and Wisdom of Jerome
- Three Men – The Facts
- Unpublished plays by Jerome
- 01. On the Stage – and Off: the Brief Career of a Would-be Actor
- 02. Barbara. A Play in One Act
- 03. The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 04. When Greek Meets Greek
- 05. Sunset
- Jerome In Pictures
- Photo gallery
- 06. Fennel. A New Romantic Play
- 07. Playwriting: a Handbook for Would-be Dramatic Authors
- 08. Stage-land
- 09. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog)
- 10. Told After Supper
- Jerome In Words
- 11. Diary of a Pilgrimage
- 12. Weeds. A Story in Seven Chapters.
- 13. Novel Notes
- 14. John Ingerfield, and Other Stories
- 15. My First Book
- 16. The Prude’s Progress
- 17. Biarritz
- 18. Sketches in Lavender Blue and Green
- 19. The Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 20. Three Men on the Bummel
- 21. Three Men on Wheels
- 22. The Observations of Henry
- 23. Miss Hobbs
- 24. Paul Kelver
- 25. Tea-Table Talk
- 26. Woodbarrow Farm
- 27. Tommy and Co.
- 28. American Wives and Others
- 29. Idle Ideas in 1905
- 30. The Passing of the Third Floor Back and Other Stories
- The JKJ Society
- 31. The Passing of the Third Floor Back
- 32. The Angel and the Author – and Others
- 33. Fanny and the Servant Problem
- 34. They and I
- 35. The Passing of the Third Floor Back. An Idle Fancy in a Prologue, a Play and an Epilogue
- 36. The Master of Mrs. Chilvers
- 37. Robina in Search of a Husband
- 38. Malvina of Brittany
- 39. The Street of the Blank Wall and Other Stories
- 40. All Roads Lead to Calvary
- 41. Anthony John, a Biography
- 42. The Celebrity. A Play in three Acts
- 43. My Life and Times
- 44. The Soul of Nicholas Snyders
- 45. A Comment on Bicycles and Cycling Posters in the Nineties