- *Tea-Table Talk. London, Hutchinson & Co., 1903.
18 2-88. Pp. 1-4 5-128
Contents: 1 title-page; 2 PRINTED BY / HAZELL, WATSON AND VINEY, LD., / LONDON AND AYLESBURY.; 3 LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS; 4 blank; 5-128 text.
Printed on wove paper, size 185 x 118mm.
Frontispiece and 15 plates on plate paper.
*Blue-green cloth, lettered in pale yellow-green on front and spine; spine: TEA / TABLE / TALK / JEROME / K. / JEROME / HUTCHINSON
Listed in English Catalogue, October 1903, 2/6; brief notice in Times Literary Supplement no. 51, 2 October 1903, 283.
Copies seen: FR; APR (10); Bodleian Library – 27001 e.2158.
Reprinted 1903 as “2nd edition.”
Copies seen: APR.
- *Tea-Table Talk. New York, Dodd, Mead and Company, 1903.
Unsigned, 1-78 86. Pp. 1-6 7-153 154.
Contents: 1 half-title: TEA-TABLE TALK; 2 blank; 3 title-page; 4 Copyright, 1902, / By JEROME K. JEROME. / Copyright, 1903, / By DODD, MEAD AND COMPANY. / [short rule] / Published, October, 1903. / BURR PRINTING HOUSE, / NEW YORK; 5-6‘LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS; 7-153 text; 154 blank.
Printed on wove paper, size 174 x 112mm.
Frontispiece and 15 plates on plate paper; all plates except frontispiece are included in the pagination. The sequence is as in the Hutchinson edition, except that the frontispiece and plate 14 are switched.
*Blue-green cloth with white floral pattern, lettered in black on front and spine; spine: [in white rectangle] TEA- / TABLE / TALK / by / JEROME / [in white rectangle] DODD, MEAD / & COMPANY
Listed in Publisher’s Weekly 1659, 14 November 1903; United States Catalog, 1902-5 $1.00.
Copies seen: FR; APR; Bodleian Library – Arch H e.168, with dedication on recto of frontispiece; ‘To my Sweetheart / with love / Jerome K. Jerome / Nov 1903’; Library of Congress – acquisition date 17 October 03; Free Library of Philadelphia.
- Tea-Table Talk and The Observations of Henry. Leipzig, Bernhard Tauchnitz, 1903.
18 2-168 174. Pp. 1-9 10-262 263-64.
Contents: 1 half-title: COLLECTION / OF / BRITISH AUTHORS / TAUCHNITZ EDITION. / VOL. 3697. / TEA-TABLE TALK / AND / THE OBSERVATIONS OF HENRY. / BY / JEROME K. JEROME. / IN ONE VOLUME.; 2 list of other Jerome titles in Tauchnitz editions; 3 title-page; 4 blank; 5 CONTENTS.; 6 blank; 7-262 text (each story has half-title); 263 [rule] / PRINTING OFFICE OF THE PUBLISHER. / [rule]; 264 blank.
Printed on wove paper, size 165 x 119mm.
Inserted after the final gathering is a 32 page catalogue dated March 1, 1904.
Buff paper cover, lettered in black.
Copies seen: FR; APR; Bodleian Library – Tauchnitz 3697.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Alliance of Literary Societies
- Anthologies containing works by Jerome
- Audio recordings
- Books with contributions by Jerome
- Forgot Password
- Jerome k Jerome was here
- Jerome The Man
- Jerome was here
- Map of the River Thames – 1884
- Newspaper and periodical contributions by Jerome – correspondence
- Newspaper contributions by Jerome
- Parson Clapp of Appledore
- Periodical contributions by Jerome
- Periodicals edited by Jerome
- Playwriting – A Handbook for Would-Be Dramatic Authors
- Samson Fox
- The Wit and Wisdom of Jerome
- Three Men – The Facts
- Unpublished plays by Jerome
- 01. On the Stage – and Off: the Brief Career of a Would-be Actor
- 02. Barbara. A Play in One Act
- 03. The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 04. When Greek Meets Greek
- 05. Sunset
- Jerome In Pictures
- Photo gallery
- 06. Fennel. A New Romantic Play
- 07. Playwriting: a Handbook for Would-be Dramatic Authors
- 08. Stage-land
- 09. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog)
- 10. Told After Supper
- Jerome In Words
- 11. Diary of a Pilgrimage
- 12. Weeds. A Story in Seven Chapters.
- 13. Novel Notes
- 14. John Ingerfield, and Other Stories
- 15. My First Book
- 16. The Prude’s Progress
- 17. Biarritz
- 18. Sketches in Lavender Blue and Green
- 19. The Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 20. Three Men on the Bummel
- 21. Three Men on Wheels
- 22. The Observations of Henry
- 23. Miss Hobbs
- 24. Paul Kelver
- 25. Tea-Table Talk
- 26. Woodbarrow Farm
- 27. Tommy and Co.
- 28. American Wives and Others
- 29. Idle Ideas in 1905
- 30. The Passing of the Third Floor Back and Other Stories
- The JKJ Society
- 31. The Passing of the Third Floor Back
- 32. The Angel and the Author – and Others
- 33. Fanny and the Servant Problem
- 34. They and I
- 35. The Passing of the Third Floor Back. An Idle Fancy in a Prologue, a Play and an Epilogue
- 36. The Master of Mrs. Chilvers
- 37. Robina in Search of a Husband
- 38. Malvina of Brittany
- 39. The Street of the Blank Wall and Other Stories
- 40. All Roads Lead to Calvary
- 41. Anthony John, a Biography
- 42. The Celebrity. A Play in three Acts
- 43. My Life and Times
- 44. The Soul of Nicholas Snyders
- 45. A Comment on Bicycles and Cycling Posters in the Nineties