- **Diary of a Pilgrimage (and Six Essays). Bristol, Arrowsmith, .
18 2-208 (including endpapers). Pp.  i-v vi 7 8-306.
Contents:  pastedown;  [rule] / Crown 8vo, 328pp., cloth 3/6. / Three Men in a Boat. / (TO SAY NOTHING OF THE DOG.) / BY / JEROME K. JEROME. / BRISTOL: J. W. ARROWSMITH, I I QUAY STREET. / LONDON: SIMPKIN, MARSHALL, HAMILTON, KENT & CO. LIMITED. / [rule]; i half-title: DIARY OF A PILGRIMAGE / [gothic type face] To every purchaser of which / are also given away in this volume / Six splendid Essays / by the same Author.; ii blank; iii title-page; iv CONTENTS. / [short rule]; v-vi PREFACE. / [short rule] [dated March, 1891]; 7 8-175 DIARY OF A PILGRIMAGE.; 176 blank; [each of the six following stories has a half-title]177-201 EVERGREENS.; 202 blank; 203-20 CLOCKS.; 221-39 TEA-KETTLES.; 240 blank; 241-57 A PATHETIC STORY.; 258 blank; 259-79 THE NEW UTOPIA.; 280 blank; 281-306 DREAMS.. 1 Supplementary Catalogue / of / Books / [short rule] / J. W. Arrowsmith / Bristol; 2 3-11; 12 pastedown.
Printed on wove paper, size 183 x 121mm.
**Yellow-brown cloth; lettered in black on front, gilt on spine; spine: THE / DIARY / OF A / PILGRIMAGE / JEROME K. JEROME / [publisher’s device].
Previously serialized in Daily Graphic, 14 August to 9 September, 1890.
Listed in English Catalogue, May 1891, 3/6; reviewed in Punch, 16 May 1891.
Copies seen: FR (2) ; APR (34), some without the Supplementary Catalogue of Arrowsmith publications at the end, and lacking advertisements on the endpapers
The New Utopia was reprinted in Idle Thoughts no. 29, Autumn 2007, pp. 30-38.
- *Diary of a Pilgrimage (and Six Essays). Bristol, Arrowsmith, 1919.
1-816 (including endpapers; first gathering signed on 1.5). Pp.  1-4 5-248 .
Contents:  pastedown; [2-4] blank; 1 half-title: DIARY OF A PILGRIMAGE; 2 blank; 3 title-page; 4 [within rules] First Edition, April, 1891. / [list of 18 reprintings, June, 1891 to December, 1916] / Second Edition, December, 1919.; 5-6 PREFACE / [short rule]; 7-248 text; [1-3] “I’D LIKE TO TAKE UP / PELMANISM, BUT –” / SOME DOUBTS DISPELLED’;  pastedown.
Printed on wove paper, size 176 x 108mm.
*Dull grey-green cloth, lettered in red on front and spine; spine: [row of ornaments] / DIARY / OF A / PILGRIMAGE / JEROME K. / JEROME / [publisher’s device] / ARROWSMITH / [row of ornaments]; on back cover: a small advertisement for Fry’s Cocoa & Chocolates.
Listed in English Catalogue, December 1919, 2/-.
Copies seen: FR; APR (3); Multnomah County Library.
A “3rd edition” issued in 1925 and a “4th edition” in 1933 are printed from the same plates as the 1919 second edition.
Copies seen: APR: 1925; 1933 (4).
- Diary of a Pilgrimage (and Six Essays). London, J.M. Dent & Sons, Ltd., 1951.
Printed from the plates of the Arrowsmith “2nd edition.”
Copies seen: APR (3)
- *Diary of a Pilgrimage (and Six Essays). New York, Henry Holt and Company, 1891.
18 2-238. Pp. i-iv v-vii viii 1-360.
Contents: i half-title: DIARY OF A PILGRIMAGE / TO EVERY PURCHASER OF WHICH / ARE ALSO GIVEN AWAY IN THIS VOLUME / [gothic type face] Six Splendid Essays / BY THE SAME AUTHOR; ii list of other Jerome titles in Holt’s Author’s Edition; iii title-page; iv AUTHOR’S EDITION; v-vi PREFACE.[dated March, 1891]; vii CONTENTS.; viii blank; 1-213 DIARY OF A PILGRIMAGE.; 214 blank; 215-45 DREAMS.; 246 blank; 247-65 CLOCKS.; 266 blank; 267-95 EVERGREENS.; 296 blank; 297-317 TEA-KETTLES.; 318 blank; 319-36 A PATHETIC STORY.; 337-60 THE NEW UTOPIA.
Printed on wove paper, size 186 x 125mm.
Endpapers patterned with green leafy design..
**Dull green cloth, with wavy border and publisher’s device on front in darker green.
Gilt lettered on front and spine; spine: DIARY / OF A / PILGRIM- / AGE / [short rule] / JEROME / HENRY HOLT &CO.
Listed in Publisher’s Weekly 1010, 6 June 1891, giving 16 May publication date; American Catalog 1890-95, $1.25; reviewed in New York Times, 8 June 1891, 3;
Copies seen: FR; APR; Library of Congress; University of California, Berkeley, Library.
Also issued in paper, 40¢.
- Diary of a Pilgrimage (and Six Essays). Leipzig, Bernhard Tauchnitz, 1892.
18 2-178 184. Pp. 1-5 6-280.
Contents: 1: half-title: COLLECTION / OF / BRITISH AUTHORS / TAUCHNITZ EDITION. / VOL. 2830. / DIARY OF A PILGRIMAGE. BY JEROME K. JEROME. / IN ONE VOLUME.’; 2 list of other Jerome titles in Tauchnitz editions;3 title-page; 4 blank; 5-6 ‘PREFACE.’; 7 ‘CONTENTS.’; 8 blank; 9-158 ‘DIARY OF A PILGRIMAGE.’; 159-81 ‘EVERGREENS.’; 182 blank; 183-98 ‘CLOCKS.’; 199-15 ‘TEA-KETTLES.’; 216 blank; 217-32 ‘A PATHETIC STORY’; 233-54 ‘THE NEW UTOPIA.’; 255-80 ‘DREAMS.’; at foot of 280: ‘[rule] PRINTING OFFICE OF THE PUBLISHER.’.
Printed on wove paper, size 150 x 111mm.
Copies seen: FR; APR (4).
- Diary of a Pilgrimage (and Six Essays). New York, M.J. Ivers.
Unsigned, 1-128. Pp. 1-7 8-190 . (American Series, no. 240).
Printed on poor wove paper, size 181 x 121mm.
Pale blue paper covers.
Copies seen: FR.
- Diary of a Pilgrimage. New York, W.D. Rowland, Publisher, 23 Chambers Street, .
151p. (Leisure Time Series, no. 5)
Copies seen: University of Rochester Library (title-page, preface, first page of text).
- Diary of a Pilgrimage. Dike. Paper, 25¢.
Listed in United States Catalog, 1899.
- Diary of a Pilgrimage. New York, Ogilvie. (Sunset Series, no. 293). Paper, 25¢.
Listed in United States Catalog, 1907.
- Diary of a Pilgrimage. Selected for the Use of Schools by Ferdinand Gutheim. Leipzig, Rossberg’sche Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1903. (Neusprachliche Reformbibliothek).
Pp. i-iii iv-vii viii 1 2-79 80. Frontispiece (portrait).
Stiff paper-bound Notes in back pocket.
Brown cloth, lettered in dark brown front and spine.
Copies seen: JKJ copy.
- Diary of a Pilgrimage. Edited with Notes for the Use of Schools by Rudolf Fritz. Frankfurt am Main, Moritz Diesterweg, 1915. (Diesterwegs Neusprachliche Reformausgaben).
Pp. i-iii iv 1 2-70 71-72.
Printed on laid paper, chain lines horizontal, size 182 x 121mm.
Inserted after the final gathering is a 3-page list of Diesterwegs / Neusprachliche Reformausgaben – the third page forming the rear pastedown.
Red cloth, lettered in white on front.
Copies seen: FR.
- Diary of a Pilgrimage. With Seventy-one Illustrations by G. G. Fraser. London, J.M. Dent & Sons, Ltd., .
Pp. i-iv v-vi 1-214.
Printed on wove paper, size 182mm. x 122mm.
Dark blue cloth, gilt lettered on spine.
Copies seen: APR (4).
- Diary of a Pilgrimage. Edited with Notes by Kenichi Kat?. The Eih?sha Ltd, 1957.
Pp. i-ii iii-vi 7-110 .
Contents: i title-page; ii [rule] / DIARY OF A PILGRIMAGE by Jerome K. Jerome. This / reprint edition is published in Japan by The Eih?sha Ltd. / through the arrangement with J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / [rule]; iii-vi introduction, in Japanese, dated 1957; 7-8 PREFACE; 9-95 text; 96 blank; 97-110 [short rule] / NOTES / [short rule] [Japanese annotations of English words and phrases];  publishing data in Japanese; [2-6] GOLD SERIES … EIH?SHA’S ENGLISH TEXT-BOOKS.
Printed on wove paper, size 177 x 122mm.
Limp light blue cloth, gilt lettered on front and spine.
Copies seen: FR.
- Diary of a Pilgrimage. Gloucester, Alan Sutton, 1982.
Pp.  1 2-166 167-70.
Printed on wove paper, size 191 x 126mm.
Black paper cover, lettered on front and spine in white and yellow, on back in white and blue.
Copies seen: FR; APR (1990 reprint).
- Diary of a Pilgrimage. New York, Hippocrene Books, 1987.
- Diary of a Pilgrimage. Norwich, Canterbury Press, 1996.
. Not seen.
- Evergreens and Other Short Stories. Gloucester, Alan Sutton, 1982.
Pp. 1-4 5-112.
Contains the six stories originally published with Diary of a Pilgrimage: Evergreens, Clocks, Tea-kettles, A Pathetic Story, The New Utopia, Dreams.
Printed on wove paper, size 190 x 120mm.
Black paper cover, lettered in white and purple.
Copies seen: APR; Portland State University Library; Toronto Public Library.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Anthologies containing works by Jerome
- Audio recordings
- Books with contributions by Jerome
- Jerome the man
- Map of the River Thames – 1884
- Newspaper and periodical contributions by Jerome – correspondence
- Newspaper contributions by Jerome
- Periodical contributions by Jerome
- Periodicals edited by Jerome
- Three Men – The Facts
- Unpublished plays by Jerome
- 01. On the Stage – and Off: the Brief Career of a Would-be Actor
- 02. Barbara. A Play in One Act
- 03. The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 04. When Greek Meets Greek
- 05. Sunset
- Jerome In Pictures
- Photo gallery
- 06. Fennel. A New Romantic Play
- 07. Playwriting: a Handbook for Would-be Dramatic Authors
- 08. Stage-land
- 09. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog)
- 10. Told After Supper
- Jerome In Words
- 11. Diary of a Pilgrimage
- 12. Weeds. A Story in Seven Chapters.
- 13. Novel Notes
- 14. John Ingerfield, and Other Stories
- 15. My First Book
- 16. The Prude’s Progress
- 17. Biarritz
- 18. Sketches in Lavender Blue and Green
- 19. The Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 20. Three Men on the Bummel
- 21. Three Men on Wheels
- 22. The Observations of Henry
- 23. Miss Hobbs
- 24. Paul Kelver
- 25. Tea-Table Talk
- 26. Woodbarrow Farm
- 27. Tommy and Co.
- 28. American Wives and Others
- 29. Idle Ideas in 1905
- 30. The Passing of the Third Floor Back and Other Stories
- The JKJ Society
- 31. The Passing of the Third Floor Back
- 32. The Angel and the Author – and Others
- 33. Fanny and the Servant Problem
- 34. They and I
- 35. The Passing of the Third Floor Back. An Idle Fancy in a Prologue, a Play and an Epilogue
- 36. The Master of Mrs. Chilvers
- 37. Robina in Search of a Husband
- 38. Malvina of Brittany
- 39. The Street of the Blank Wall and Other Stories
- 40. All Roads Lead to Calvary
- 41. Anthony John, a Biography
- 42. The Celebrity. A Play in three Acts
- 43. My Life and Times
- 44. The Soul of Nicholas Snyders
- 45. A Comment on Bicycles and Cycling Posters in the Nineties