- *The Prude’s Progress. A Comedy in Three Acts. By Jerome K. Jerome and Eden Phillpotts. London, Chatto & Windus, 1895.
A4 B-I8. Pp.  1 2-127 128.
Contents:  half-title: THE PRUDE’S PROGRESS.;  blank;  title-page;  blank;  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. / [short rule] / PERMISSION TO PLAY THIS COMEDY MUST BE / OBTAINED FROM SAMUEL FRENCH, LTD., / 89, STRAND, W.C.;  blank;  PERSONS IN THE PLAY.;  blank; 1 2-127 text; at foot of 127: [rule] THE ARTISTIC SUPPLY COMPANY, LIMITED, / AMBERLEY HOUSE, NORFOLK STREET, LONDON W.C.; 128 blank.
Printed on smooth wove paper, size 193 x 129mm.
*Buff paper cover, lettered in brown.
Listed in English Catalogue, September 1895, 1/6.
Produced in New York in 1892 as The Councillor’s Wife. .
Copies seen: FR, APR; Bodleian Library – M.adds. 109e.252.
- *The Prude’s Progress. A Comedy in Three Acts. By Jerome K. Jerome and Eden Phillpotts. London, Samuel French, Ltd. (French’s Acting Edition, no. 2177)
Unsigned, 1-48 52(?). Pp. 1-2 3-68.
Contents: 1 title-page; 2 THE PRUDE’S PROGRESS. / [short rule] / Produced at Theatre Royal, Cambridge, May 16th, 1895. / [short rule] / CHARACTERS. / [list] / [short rule] / Cast at Comedy Theatre, May 22nd, 1895. / [short rule] / CHARACTERS. / [list]; 3-4 property plots; 5-68 text.
Printed on smooth wove paper, size 175 x 100mm.
*Buff paper cover; inside front and back covers: advertisements for scenery; back cover: FRENCH’S ACTING EDITION — 7s. per Vol., 6d. each. [from vol. 137, nos. 2041-55 to vol. 14, nos. 2176-77].
Copies seen: British Library – 2304.h.37, accession date 28 February 1901; Bodleian Library – Malone I.473 (2177).
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Alliance of Literary Societies
- Anthologies containing works by Jerome
- Audio recordings
- Books with contributions by Jerome
- Jerome the man
- Map of the River Thames – 1884
- Newspaper and periodical contributions by Jerome – correspondence
- Newspaper contributions by Jerome
- Periodical contributions by Jerome
- Periodicals edited by Jerome
- Three Men – The Facts
- Unpublished plays by Jerome
- 01. On the Stage – and Off: the Brief Career of a Would-be Actor
- 02. Barbara. A Play in One Act
- 03. The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 04. When Greek Meets Greek
- 05. Sunset
- Jerome In Pictures
- Photo gallery
- 06. Fennel. A New Romantic Play
- 07. Playwriting: a Handbook for Would-be Dramatic Authors
- 08. Stage-land
- 09. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog)
- 10. Told After Supper
- Jerome In Words
- 11. Diary of a Pilgrimage
- 12. Weeds. A Story in Seven Chapters.
- 13. Novel Notes
- 14. John Ingerfield, and Other Stories
- 15. My First Book
- 16. The Prude’s Progress
- 17. Biarritz
- 18. Sketches in Lavender Blue and Green
- 19. The Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 20. Three Men on the Bummel
- 21. Three Men on Wheels
- 22. The Observations of Henry
- 23. Miss Hobbs
- 24. Paul Kelver
- 25. Tea-Table Talk
- 26. Woodbarrow Farm
- 27. Tommy and Co.
- 28. American Wives and Others
- 29. Idle Ideas in 1905
- 30. The Passing of the Third Floor Back and Other Stories
- The JKJ Society
- 31. The Passing of the Third Floor Back
- 32. The Angel and the Author – and Others
- 33. Fanny and the Servant Problem
- 34. They and I
- 35. The Passing of the Third Floor Back. An Idle Fancy in a Prologue, a Play and an Epilogue
- 36. The Master of Mrs. Chilvers
- 37. Robina in Search of a Husband
- 38. Malvina of Brittany
- 39. The Street of the Blank Wall and Other Stories
- 40. All Roads Lead to Calvary
- 41. Anthony John, a Biography
- 42. The Celebrity. A Play in three Acts
- 43. My Life and Times
- 44. The Soul of Nicholas Snyders
- 45. A Comment on Bicycles and Cycling Posters in the Nineties