- *Malvina of Brittany. London, Cassell and Company, Limited, .
A8 B-I8 J8 K-S8 T4. Pp.  1-3 4-304.
Contents: [1-2] blank;  half-title: MALVINA OF BRITTANY;  blank;  title-page;  First published 1916;  CONTENTS;  blank; 1-3, 4-109 MALVINA OF BRITTANY; 110 blank; 111-56 THE STREET OF THE BLANK WALL; 157-201 HIS EVENING OUT; 202 blank; 203-27 THE LESSON; 228 blank; 229-83 SYLVIA OF THE LETTERS; 284 blank; 285-304 THE FAWN GLOVES; at foot of 304: PRINTED BY CASSELL & COMPANY, LIMITED, LA BELLE SAUVAGE, LONDON, E.C. / F.50.816
Printed on wove paper, size 189 x 124mm. bottom edges uncut.
*Blue cloth, gilt lettered on front and spine. The cover of the Bodleian Library copy differs – the front is blind-stamped rather than gilt lettered, and gives only the title.
Listed in English Catalogue, October 1916, 6/-; reviewed in Times Literary Supplement, 5 October 1916, 476.
Copies seen: FR; APR (5); Bodleian Library – Arch H e.156, Jerome’s copy, with title-page dedication: ‘To Dearest / With all the love in the world / Jerome’]; University of Toronto Library
- Malvina of Brittany. London, Cassell, 1919.
247pp. (Popular edition).
- Malvina of Brittany. Paris, L. Conard, 1917.
285p. (Standard collection of British and American authors, v.44)
Blue cloth, black leather label on spine.
Copies seen: FR
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Alliance of Literary Societies
- Anthologies containing works by Jerome
- Audio recordings
- Books with contributions by Jerome
- Jerome the man
- Map of the River Thames – 1884
- Newspaper and periodical contributions by Jerome – correspondence
- Newspaper contributions by Jerome
- Periodical contributions by Jerome
- Periodicals edited by Jerome
- Three Men – The Facts
- Unpublished plays by Jerome
- 01. On the Stage – and Off: the Brief Career of a Would-be Actor
- 02. Barbara. A Play in One Act
- 03. The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 04. When Greek Meets Greek
- 05. Sunset
- Jerome In Pictures
- Photo gallery
- 06. Fennel. A New Romantic Play
- 07. Playwriting: a Handbook for Would-be Dramatic Authors
- 08. Stage-land
- 09. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog)
- 10. Told After Supper
- Jerome In Words
- 11. Diary of a Pilgrimage
- 12. Weeds. A Story in Seven Chapters.
- 13. Novel Notes
- 14. John Ingerfield, and Other Stories
- 15. My First Book
- 16. The Prude’s Progress
- 17. Biarritz
- 18. Sketches in Lavender Blue and Green
- 19. The Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 20. Three Men on the Bummel
- 21. Three Men on Wheels
- 22. The Observations of Henry
- 23. Miss Hobbs
- 24. Paul Kelver
- 25. Tea-Table Talk
- 26. Woodbarrow Farm
- 27. Tommy and Co.
- 28. American Wives and Others
- 29. Idle Ideas in 1905
- 30. The Passing of the Third Floor Back and Other Stories
- The JKJ Society
- 31. The Passing of the Third Floor Back
- 32. The Angel and the Author – and Others
- 33. Fanny and the Servant Problem
- 34. They and I
- 35. The Passing of the Third Floor Back. An Idle Fancy in a Prologue, a Play and an Epilogue
- 36. The Master of Mrs. Chilvers
- 37. Robina in Search of a Husband
- 38. Malvina of Brittany
- 39. The Street of the Blank Wall and Other Stories
- 40. All Roads Lead to Calvary
- 41. Anthony John, a Biography
- 42. The Celebrity. A Play in three Acts
- 43. My Life and Times
- 44. The Soul of Nicholas Snyders
- 45. A Comment on Bicycles and Cycling Posters in the Nineties