- *Anthony John, a Biography. London, Cassell and Company, Ltd., 1923.
A4 B-I8 J8 K-Q8. Pp.  1-260.
Contents:  half-title: ANTHONY JOHN / A Biography;  blank;  title-page;  First published 1923 / Copyright 1922 by Jerome K. Jerome in the U.S.A. / Printed in Great Britain; 1-260 text; on 260: [rule] / PRINTED BY CASSELL & COMPANY, LIMITED, LA BELLE SAUVAGE, LONDON, E.C.4 / F.60.123
Printed on wove paper, size 185 x 121mm.
*Brown cloth, lettered in black on front and spine; spine: ANTHONY JOHN / JEROME K. JEROME / CASSELL
Listed in English Catalogue, March 1923, 7/6; reviewed in Times Literary Supplement, 5 April 1923, 239.
Copies seen: FR; APR (4).
- Anthony John, a Biography. Leipzig, Bernhard Tauchnitz, 1923.
18 2-188. Stapled. Pp. 1-5 6-285 286-88.
Contents: 1 half-title: COLLECTION / OF / BRITISH AUTHORS / TAUCHNITZ EDITION / VOL. 4604. / ANTHONY JOHN. BY JEROME K. JEROME / IN ONE VOLUME ; 2 list of other Jerome titles in Tauchnitz editions; 3 title-page; 4 blank; 5 6-285 text; 286 blank; 287 [short rule] / PRINTED BY BERNHARD TAUCHNITZ, LEIPZIG / [short rule]; 288 blank.
Printed on poor wove paper (very brittle), size 164 x 119mm.
Buff paper cover, lettered in black.
Copies seen: FR; APR (2).
- *Anthony John. New York, Dodd, Mead and Company, 1923.
Unsigned, 1-188. Pp.  1-276 .
Contents: [1-2] blank;  half-title: ANTHONY JOHN;  blank;  title-page;  COPYRIGHT, 1923 / BY DODD, MEAD & COMPANY, INC. / PRINTED IN U. S. A. / VAIL-BALLOU COMPANY / BINGHAMTON AND NEW YORK;  half-title: ANTHONY JOHN;  blank; 1-276 text; [1-4] blank.
Printed on wove paper, size 187 x 127mm. Fore-edge uncut, top edge orange-red.
*Black cloth, lettered in orange-red on front and spine; spine: ANTHONY / JOHN / ? / JEROME / DODD MEAD / & COMPANY
Listed in Publisher’s Weekly 103 no. 17, 28 April 1923; United States Catalog 1921-24, $2.00; reviewed in New York Times Book Review, 22 April 1923, 11, 14.
Copies seen: FR; APR (2); Bodleian Library – Arch. H e.151, Jerome’s copy, with fly-leaf dedication: ‘To my Dear Wife / On our Wedding Day / With the Love of Many Years / Jerome K. Jerome / June 21/23’.
- Anthony John, a Biography. London, The Readers Library Publishing Company Ltd.
Pp. 1-9 10-252 253-6.
Maroon cloth, lettered in gilt; front: [within a frame] publisher’s monogram; spine: ANTHONY / JOHN / JEROME K. / JEROME / [small ornament] / READERS / LIBRARY
Copies seen: FR; APR (3).
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Alliance of Literary Societies
- Anthologies containing works by Jerome
- Audio recordings
- Books with contributions by Jerome
- Forgot Password
- Jerome k Jerome was here
- Jerome The Man
- Map of the River Thames – 1884
- Newspaper and periodical contributions by Jerome – correspondence
- Newspaper contributions by Jerome
- Parson Clapp of Appledore
- Periodical contributions by Jerome
- Periodicals edited by Jerome
- Playwriting – A Handbook for Would-Be Dramatic Authors
- Samson Fox
- The Wit and Wisdom of Jerome
- Three Men – The Facts
- Unpublished plays by Jerome
- 01. On the Stage – and Off: the Brief Career of a Would-be Actor
- 02. Barbara. A Play in One Act
- 03. The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 04. When Greek Meets Greek
- 05. Sunset
- Jerome In Pictures
- Photo gallery
- 06. Fennel. A New Romantic Play
- 07. Playwriting: a Handbook for Would-be Dramatic Authors
- 08. Stage-land
- 09. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog)
- 10. Told After Supper
- Jerome In Words
- 11. Diary of a Pilgrimage
- 12. Weeds. A Story in Seven Chapters.
- 13. Novel Notes
- 14. John Ingerfield, and Other Stories
- 15. My First Book
- 16. The Prude’s Progress
- 17. Biarritz
- 18. Sketches in Lavender Blue and Green
- 19. The Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 20. Three Men on the Bummel
- 21. Three Men on Wheels
- 22. The Observations of Henry
- 23. Miss Hobbs
- 24. Paul Kelver
- 25. Tea-Table Talk
- 26. Woodbarrow Farm
- 27. Tommy and Co.
- 28. American Wives and Others
- 29. Idle Ideas in 1905
- 30. The Passing of the Third Floor Back and Other Stories
- The JKJ Society
- 31. The Passing of the Third Floor Back
- 32. The Angel and the Author – and Others
- 33. Fanny and the Servant Problem
- 34. They and I
- 35. The Passing of the Third Floor Back. An Idle Fancy in a Prologue, a Play and an Epilogue
- 36. The Master of Mrs. Chilvers
- 37. Robina in Search of a Husband
- 38. Malvina of Brittany
- 39. The Street of the Blank Wall and Other Stories
- 40. All Roads Lead to Calvary
- 41. Anthony John, a Biography
- 42. The Celebrity. A Play in three Acts
- 43. My Life and Times
- 44. The Soul of Nicholas Snyders
- 45. A Comment on Bicycles and Cycling Posters in the Nineties