- *The Master of Mrs. Chilvers. London, T. Fisher Unwin, 
14 2-118 124. Pp. i-v vi-viii 1-2 3-167 168.
Contents: i half-title: PLAYS OF TO-DAY AND TO-MORROW / THE MASTER OF MRS. CHILVERS; ii [within rules] PLAYS OF TO-DAY AND TO-MORROW. [list of three other plays]; iii title-page; iv COPYRIGHT 1911 BY JEROME K. JEROME / IN THE U.S.A. / (All rights reserved.); v list of acts with place and time; vi THE CAST OF / “THE MASTER OF MRS. CHILVERS,” / AS IT WAS PRODUCED AT THE ROYALTY THEATRE, LONDON, ON / APRIL 26TH, 1911, UNDER THE MANAGEMENT OF / MESSRS. VEDRENNE & EADIE. [Rowena Jerome as Mrs. Peekin]; vii-viii CHARACTERS IN THE PLAY; 1 THE FIRST ACT; 2 blank; 3-50 text; 51 THE SECOND ACT; 52 blank; 53-106 text; 107 THE THIRD ACT; 108 blank; 109-148 text; 149 THE FOURTH ACT; 150 blank; 151-167 text; 168 UNWIN BROTHERS, LIMITED / THE GRESHAM PRESS, / WOKING AND LONDON.
Printed on laid paper, chain lines vertical, size 188 x 127mm. Outer and bottom edges uncut.
*Blue cloth, red and black ornamentation; gilt lettering on front and spine.
Listed in English Catalogue, July 1911, 2/6;
Copies seen: FR; APR (5); Bodleian Library – Arch. H e.159, Jerome’s copy, with title-page dedication: ‘To my dear Wife with / Love on our 23rd Wedding / Day / Jerome K. Jerome / 21/6/11’; Library of Congress.
- THE MASTER OF / MRS. CHILVERS / BY / JEROME K. JEROME / NEW YORK / DODD, MEAD AND COMPANY / 1911
Unsigned. 1-118 Pp.  1-2 3-167 168.
Contents:  half-title: PLAYS OF TO-DAY AND TO-MORROW / THE MASTER OF MRS. CHILVERS;  blank;  title-page;  COPYRIGHT 1911 / BY JEROME K. JEROME / (All rights reserved);  CHARACTERS;  blank;  list of Acts, with place and time;  blank; 1 THE FIRST ACT; 2 blank; 3-50 text; 51 THE SECOND ACT; 52 blank; 53-106 text; 107 THE THIRD ACT; 108 blank; 109-148 text; 149 THE FOURTH ACT; 150 blank; 151-167 text; 168 blank.
Printed on wove paper.
Gray paper cover, lettered in black, as on title-page.
Copies seen: Library of Congress.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Anthologies containing works by Jerome
- Books with contributions by Jerome
- Jerome the man
- Map of the River Thames – 1884
- Newspaper and periodical contributions by Jerome – correspondence
- Newspaper contributions by Jerome
- Periodical contributions by Jerome
- Periodicals edited by Jerome
- Three Men – The Facts
- Unpublished plays by Jerome
- 01. On the Stage – and Off: the Brief Career of a Would-be Actor
- 02. Barbara. A Play in One Act
- 03. The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 04. When Greek Meets Greek
- 05. Sunset
- Jerome In Pictures
- Photo gallery
- 06. Fennel. A New Romantic Play
- 07. Playwriting: a Handbook for Would-be Dramatic Authors
- 08. Stage-land
- 09. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog)
- 10. Told After Supper
- Jerome In Words
- 11. Diary of a Pilgrimage
- 12. Weeds. A Story in Seven Chapters.
- 13. Novel Notes
- 14. John Ingerfield, and Other Stories
- 15. My First Book
- 16. The Prude’s Progress
- 17. Biarritz
- 18. Sketches in Lavender Blue and Green
- 19. The Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow
- 20. Three Men on the Bummel
- 21. Three Men on Wheels
- 22. The Observations of Henry
- 23. Miss Hobbs
- 24. Paul Kelver
- 25. Tea-Table Talk
- 26. Woodbarrow Farm
- 27. Tommy and Co.
- 28. American Wives and Others
- 29. Idle Ideas in 1905
- 30. The Passing of the Third Floor Back and Other Stories
- The JKJ Society
- 31. The Passing of the Third Floor Back
- 32. The Angel and the Author – and Others
- 33. Fanny and the Servant Problem
- 34. They and I
- 35. The Passing of the Third Floor Back. An Idle Fancy in a Prologue, a Play and an Epilogue
- 36. The Master of Mrs. Chilvers
- 37. Robina in Search of a Husband
- 38. Malvina of Brittany
- 39. The Street of the Blank Wall and Other Stories
- 40. All Roads Lead to Calvary
- 41. Anthony John, a Biography
- 42. The Celebrity. A Play in three Acts
- 43. My Life and Times
- 44. The Soul of Nicholas Snyders
- 45. A Comment on Bicycles and Cycling Posters in the Nineties